Blueprint for Life blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm Back!

Well, It's been a couple weeks... I spent all of last week helping paint my parent's interior of their home, and visiting with my brother who came down from Ohio to help with the job. My parents have so much stuff that the painting was the easy part. The hard part was moving everything out of each room, and finding a place to put it, then moving everything back. But at least now, they don't have to look at a water-stained ceiling anymore. The living room ceiling has been stained since Hurricane Jean moved through in 2004.

For some reason I'm just dragging my feet on setting goals for the last 2 areas. I don't know why. I've already been through Financial Peace University, so I've already set goals for my finances. I am already tithing, and my offering consists of sponsoring a little girl in Uganda. On July 5th, I will have sent out my last credit card payment, and I will be officially debt-free. After that, I need to save for an emergency fund, a replacement car, and a down payment on a house, in that order. So I'm pretty well set there.

I know I need to re-examine my career, as I'm kind of in mid-career burnout. Maybe that's why I'm procrastinating. I don't know, but I know I don't have time to think about it now. Gotta get to the gym, make my lunch and get to work...