Blueprint for Life blog

Monday, June 05, 2006

I DID IT!!!!

I have kind of a strange morning ritual. When I first wake up in the mornings, my eyes feel really dry to the point of stinging when I open them. So I will get up and get a couple ice cubes out of the freezer, wrap them in paper towels, then lay back down for a while with the ice cubes placed on my eylids. This refreshes my eyes and helps wake me up.

Last night I got to bed around 10 pm. So I set my alarm clock for 5pm, to allow for the 7 hours sleep I need. Well this morning, I woke up around 3:46 am. I got up and got my ice cubes, and laid back down. I actually drifted into sort of a half-sleep while my eyeballs were getting freezed. Then I woke up as I felt water trickle down the side of my face from the melting ice cubes. I looked at the clock. It was a little past 4:30 am. I really didn't feel tired anymore. I decided I was going to get up and follow my plan. I put my gym clothes on. I had my quiet time where I reviewed the goals I had set thus far, and prayed over them. I went to the gym and had a 20 minute aerobic workout followed by some crunches. I drove home, showered, dressed, and fixed my breakfast and lunch to take to work. On top of that, I made it to work on time!! I feel great, and I thank God for this day!! I'm thankful that He's showing me that if I'm obedient by putting Him first, He can touch my time by giving me the focus I need to get everything done in the time allotted. Praise God!!

1 Comments:

  • I am enjoying your spot. Keep up the great work.

    Pr. 3:5-6
    ~KC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home