Blueprint for Life blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Relationship chapter

Small group was awesome as usual tonight. I admit though, I'm a bit behind. I did read the chapter, listen to the CD, and answer most of the bible study questions. But I haven't even begun to write out my relationship blueprint or fill out my personal life cards. So I'll need to catch up! And I gotta remember to bring snacks next week. R is bringing something salty, so I've gotta remember to bring something sweet. (Maybe my York Peppermint Brownies if I have time enough to make them. Otherwise, it's something from Publix Bakery. We'll see.)

I'm going to post here my answer to question 1 of the bible study, that I was able to share in group as well. Regarding Ephesians 5:22-33, it asks "What is Paul's instructions to husbands and wives in these verses?". This passage reminds me of an earlier verse in Ephesians, namely chapter 4 verse 3, where it says "Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." The husband and wife are one flesh, just as the church is one body, and we're called to one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all. The "bond of peace" verse 3 mentions, is what is obtained for us when we submit to one another out of reverence for Christ as scripture commands us in verse 5:21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home