Blueprint for Life blog

Saturday, June 03, 2006

My Physical Blueprint

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm celebrating today by going to the beach with some friends. I thought before I go, I'll try to get another entry in my blog. Life has been hectic, and I'm still behind. I've got everything done for Chapter 6 except writing out my physical vision statement. I know what my physical goals ought to be, my main issue though is time.

To function properly, I need at least 7 hours of sleep a night. If I get up at 4am, that's plenty of time to get up, get my gym clothes on, do my quiet time, drive to the gym, work out, come home, shower, get dressed, do my hair and make up, take my vitamins, get my lunch and drive to work. But I will need to have been in bed my 9pm the night before. Wednesday nights, I usually don't get in bed until 10:30 or 11 because of small group, but other nights I could probably make it in bed earlier. Even if I get up at 5am, I still should be able to do it.... I'm just so slow-moving in the morning. Maybe if I plan things out in advance, like figuring out what I'm going to wear the night before, and having my lunch made in advance. I guess I just need to get better organized.

Anyway, here is my physical vision statement:

I present my body daily as a living sacrifice. I train my body four times a week for strength and endurance, through aerobic workouts and weight-training. I make the time to prepare and eat unprocessed foods, including whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. I avoid excessive sugar, fatty foods or alcohol. I take supplements daily to ensure my body gets the proper nutrients. I keep my body weight under 140 lbs, and stay in a dress size 8. I keep current on all my medical check ups, including dental and vision check ups. I make sure to address all problems with my doctor as they occur. I deal with my mental/emotional state my putting God first every day. If my thoughts and emotions turn to anger, despair or negativity, I will stop and ask God to help me take every thought captive and bring it in obedience to Christ. I will oppose every attack of Satan with the Word of God, which is living and active, sharper than any 2-edged sword and able to penetrate even to the dividing of bone and marrow, spirit and soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home