Blueprint for Life blog

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Red Jeep Cherokees

I have never had any desire to ever purchase a red Jeep Cherokee, or any model or color of Jeep for that matter. I'm into really fuel efficient cars (especially with today's gas prices), so I've been sticking with Toyota Corollas since 1990. Needless to say, I never really noticed Jeep Cherokees until now. I've noticed Jeep Wranglers, 'cuz they're kind of unique-looking, but Cherokees don't look all that different from all the other SUVs you see on the road, so I've never paid any attention to them. But when given the assignment last week to find red Jeep Cherokees, I found 11 of them. And even now, I'm still noticing Jeep Cherokees. I can't seem to stop. They just keep popping up all over the place!

I think the purpose of this exercise was to show us how powerful it is to set goals and focus on them. Doing these 2 things can actually help cause your goals to manifest themselves, because you're training your brain to look for opportunities. We were given a goal to find red Jeep Cherokees. We were given a picture of one to place on our dashboard, so that we could focus on that goal. It didn't take long for our brains to be trained to look for Jeeps as we were driving around. Thus the goal was accomplished multiple times over.

If this can work for a vehicle you're not even interested in buying, imagine how it can work on the goals you're most passionate about. That's why it's important to write your goals down, review them daily, commit them to memory, and lift them up in prayer. Then as long as your goals are also in alignment with God's will for your life, they will be made manifest.

1 Comments:

  • I so agree with you about trianing your brain and your heart. I guess the best way I know how to put it is "Trash in trash out, Good stuff in good stuff out. "by the renewing of your mind". Now for the jeep thing. Watch out you may be catching a touch of the jeep bug. Don't worry to much it doesn't hurt as long as you own one.Ha,Ha. Just remember there are jeep owners and then there's everyone else. Check out "Just a Redneck hangin out with Jesus". I've always owned one. Got my first one when I turned 8 yrs.old. I like your site very good info on the truth. Can I put your site under my freinds?
    P.S. Christians drive jeeps too.
    Just a Redneck hangin out with Jesus.

    By Blogger Matthew Carver, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home