Blueprint for Life blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

Goals for Provision

What Financial Peace University helped me to do was establish goals for my provision. But my Financial Blueprint also consists of plans for tithing, offerings, and abundance. I already give tithes and offerings, but the abundance part I've never thought much about, because there seldom seems to be any. Hopefully that will turn around now that I'm out of debt. On July 5th, just a week away, I'll be sending out my last credit card payment to MBNA American Express. That really feels good! I already sent them a letter to tell them to close my account and notify the credit bureaus, and also take me off their marketing list for future credit offers. On the bottom of the letter, I put:

Proverbs 22:7 The rich ruleth over the poor and the borrower is SLAVE to the lender.
Free at Last!!
Free at Last!!
Thank God Almighty!!
I'm Free at Last!!

I've been dreaming of sending out a letter like that for some time now.

Now on to saving! I've figured out that I will be able to save $900 per month, and have over $8,000 in an emergency fund by March, 2007. By August 2008, I should have $15K saved for a car, and by August 2011, when I'm 48 years old, I should have over $31K saved for a house. My goal is to sign a 15-year fixed rate mortgage that I'll have paid off when I'm 63. All the while, I will be putting away money for retirement, and I hope to have $1.2 million accumulated at age 68. Then if I can earn 7% interest on that money, I'll be able to have $84,000 a year to live on, plus Social Security, (if that's still around).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home