Blueprint for Life blog

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Gotta work on the Faithful Steward thing

Well - I was able to finish the questions on Chapter 2 during lunch time at work yesterday, and went to small group last night. This has been an important chapter, and I'm glad they included it at the beginning to set the proper tone for the rest of the study. Like Pastor Greg said on Sunday: Life doesn't justify living. It's Eternity that justifies living, and before we set in our minds any plans, dreams or visions, we need to make sure we've accounted for Eternity.

After worship time in our small group last night, we had a little quiet time to allow God to speak to us. Many of us wrote down what we felt God speaking to our hearts about. God convicted my heart about submitting to my employer as a faithful steward. It's not that I haven't been doing my job, I just have been dragging my feet doing it. I haven't been doing it with enthusiasm, as unto the Lord, as it says in Colossians 3:22-24. I need a better attitude, because even though the job I have now may not be my passion or God's ultimate goal for me, I need to prove myself faithful where I'm at, in order to move ahead into the things of God and into the vision and purpose that God has prepared in advance for me.

Well, I better get to the gym.... I need to get my heart pumping oxygen into my brain before I can start my workday with enthusiasm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home