Blueprint for Life blog

Friday, April 28, 2006

Praise God for my small group

Our first small group meeting on the Blueprint series went well. Some people have it pretty well defined in their minds what their calling is, while a lot of others are like me, still trying to figure it out. It's good to hear other people's insights - you tend to think of things you haven't thought about.

I got to share with them my doubts about my uniqueness. I shared how when my parents were giving me job advice, they said, "Don't ever assume you're not replaceable", meaning that you should be careful not to fall into a false sense of security because you think your boss can't find someone else to fill your shoes. It was well-meaning advice that had the effect of making it hard for me to accept that God made me unique, and has a specific unique purpose for me that no one else but me can accomplish. One of the ladies in my group said that my struggle to accept that may be evidence of a stronghold. She said she was going to pray for me, and shared with me this verse:

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

After we did the lesson, another lady prayed with me about finding my calling. I got to pray for her too, about a concern she was having with her son. It's such a blessing to be in a small group and have the opportunity to pray for others, as well as being prayed for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home