Blueprint for Life blog

Saturday, April 29, 2006

It Comes Down to Trusting God

Well, I've listened to the 2nd drive-time CD. Although for me, they're not "drive time" CDs, since I don't have a CD player in my car. For me, they're "sit around the house" time CDs. I've tried to use them as "workout" time CDs when I'm at Gold's Gym, but I need music to work out to. Something with a good beat. I've been using The Crossing Church "One" CD for that recently. Since most the music is pretty upbeat, it's good to workout to, especially when I get to the "I am Free" song....but wait, I think I'm digressing here.... Back on topic... I've listened to the 2nd CD and read most of Chapter Two "To Infinity and Beyond". I know I'm probably not doing this in the right order, but at least I'm getting it done.

I realize that when I try to think of my overall purpose, dream or vision for my life, I'm blocked, because I'm thinking too small. I'm thinking too short of time span. And I hate to admit this, but I'm thinking too much about myself, about how my needs are going to get met. I know I've got it backwards. According to God's word:

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

and also

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

See - I need to trust God first and seek to do His Will first, and then I don't have to worry about my needs being met, because God is going to take care of them. But I have this issue with trust. So whenever I get a glimpse of something that may be God's vision for me, I immediately try to think how I can work it out my way, because God's way won't provide for my needs. And then the vision starts to shrink, or gets put off until years down the road when I've paid my house off or funded my retirement. And then the passion starts to dissipate, and I question whether that vision really was from God after all. I really need to repent!

Lord,

Thank you for saving me. Thank you for placing your hand on my life. Thank you for my church and my Christian brothers and sisters. I know you created me for a unique purpose and you have a specific vision for my life. Change my heart! Help me to repent from my lack of trust in you! I repent right now, Lord. From this moment on, I'll go where You want my to go, I'll say what You want me to say, I'll do what You want me to do, and I'll be what You want me to be. Let not my will, but Yours be done.

In Jesus name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home